Work Based Learning Page


As you all know, during this time of the COVID pandemic everything we would do person to person now has to be done remotely via email until further notice.


For those students getting working papers for the FIRST TIME there will be are two parts to complete. The first is Part 1 the AT-17 Form, and the second is Part 2, email Ms. Seaton all of your original documents (see document check list below).

Document Check List

  • The completed application (AT-17), Original Birth Certificate OR Passport OR STATE ID.

  • Doctor's note that states you are physically fit for "work" (Sports Medicals, blood work are NOT accepted as proof).

Part 1: AT-17 Form

  • First you must fill out the application (Click on the AT-17 Application for Employment Certificate link below). This will lead you to the working permit application where you can type in all info on the TOP PORTION ONLY. Have your Parent/Guardian sign where it states "Parent/Guardian signature" (which can also be typed). As always the following documents have to be presented via email:

Part 2: Send your documents to Ms. Seaton

  • Email Ms. Seaton your ORIGINAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ALONG WITH THE AT-17 APPLICATION between the hours of 9am-11:30am MONDAY - FRIDAY. YOU MUST HAVE ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS INORDER TO RECEIVE A WORK PERMIT. NO EXCEPTIONS!! You will be called down to the Main Office to pick up your Work Permit.



For those students who already have working papers ISSUED BY CTEA and may need to UPDATE their card due to age change from 14-15 to now 16-17 yrs. old or if you LOST your working paper, you DO NOT have to follow the above instructions. Simply email me at: I will issue you an update/replacement. Please indicate if you're updating or replacing your working paper and it will be mailed to your home address.

****If you received your Work Permit from another school you will have to follow the first steps to obtaining a NEW Work Permit.