The High School for Construction Trades, Engineering and Architecture



COLLEGE COACHES - We are pleased to inform you that we now have two College Coaches on hand, former CTEA Alumni, who will be here on a regular basis to help you with the college application and acceptance process (matriculation, paperwork, scheduling, testing). They can be found in the Guidance Suite Mondays (9 – 11:00) and Fridays (8:30 – 1:30).

METRO CARDS/COLLEGE NOW - Metro Cards (two-fare) are available for students taking College Now classes on Saturdays and after school at the York College campus. Please pick yours up today in Room 261A.


HS for Construction Trades, Engineering & Architecture (CTEA) in partnership with The Ivy Key is offering an 11-week SAT prep program on the CTEA campus on Wednesdays, from 3:00-6:00 pm. Week-11 is a bonus week that includes a college admission workshop and is from 3:00-5:00 pm.

The first class begins on Wed., Jan. 9th and runs until Wed., April 3rd. The SAT will be given at CTEA on Wednesday, March 27, 2019 and the Dept. of Ed. will pick up the entire cost.

The application and schedule is attached to this web page or visit the guidance office (Room 261) for each one.

The cost is discounted at $399 from $1200. You may pay by check, money order (written to The Ivy Key) or credit card.

DEADLINE: Monday, January 7, 2019 at 3:00 pm

Click here for the schedule and registration form.


  • College Now STEM Research Academy @ York College (Juniors Only)

If you are available on Mondays and Wednesdays from February until May from 4:00-5:50 pm then consider taking Backyard Toxicology (Environmental Chemistry) @ York College. After the completion of this course you will be eligible for a six-week paid summer research internship in July and August. Metro Cards are available for travel to York. Applications can be found in Room 261 or click here to download it!

Only 20 spots available. Deadline: Jan. 15, 2019

  • Model NYC Council Project (Juniors/Seniors)

If you are interested in politics, law, working with council members etc. then please apply for the Model City Council Project. No experience necessary. You will be trained over several Saturdays, and the final event will be held in the Council Chambers at City Hall. Please see Ms. Glasse (Room 261) for an application and details. Qualifications: Have already taken a College Now course. Deadline: Feb. 15, 2019


The only way to find out if you are entitled to FREE MONEY for your college education is to file a FAFSA and TAP application. A financial aid professional is coming to HS for CTEA along with your guidance counselors to help you start and finish your applications

When: Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019

Where: Room 224 (Mr. Dimella's room)